Senior Insurance Coverage Litigation Attorneys (San Francisco/Los Angeles)
Selman Breitman LLP is seeking Insurance Coverage Litigation Attorneys with seven plus years’ experience to join our San Francisco and Los Angeles teams. We are looking for an individual who applies intellectual rigor to the tasks at hand; possesses well-honed research and writing skills; and works cooperatively, as well as, independently. The position involves representation of insurers with respect to insurance coverage, litigation management and alternative dispute resolution. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced attorney who is able to work within a busy and fast-paced team environment.
- Develop litigation strategy for insurance coverage litigation business disputes and class-actions;
- Conduct complex and rigorous legal research and analysis, and draft memoranda;
- Analyze insurance policies, draft analyses of coverage issues and provide coverage advice and recommendations for clients;
- Draft and review pleadings, memos, briefs, interrogatories, and other legal correspondence and litigation documents;
- Take and defend depositions;
- Attend court hearings and mediations;
- Document review;
- Work on all aspects of pretrial to trial;
- Manage and supervise associates and paralegals.
Education and Experience Required
- Admitted to practice in California;
- 7+ years of litigation experience including insurance coverage or general commercial litigation;
- State and federal court experience;
- Excellent academic credentials;
- Solid work history.
Skills and Abilities Required
- Strong research, writing, and analytical skills;
- Interpersonal, leadership and mentoring skills;
- Ability to handle matters of a highly sensitive nature;
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to identify and resolve problems quickly.
Selman Breitman is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation and benefits, as well as a collegial and inclusive environment with opportunities for growth. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com (San Francisco) or firstname.lastname@example.org (Los Angeles).