Robert Yang is an Associate in Selman Breitman’s San Francisco office and is a member of the firm’s Insurance, Commercial Litigation, General Liability, and Cyber Law practice groups. Robert represents insurers in coverage disputes and litigation, including cases arising out of internet commerce, product liability, professional liability, and inter-insurer disputes.
Robert's substantial experience litigating cases involving commercial disputes, family law, and personal injury has helped him understand different clients' goals and how best to achieve them. Prior to law school, he served as a Civil Engineer and Special Emphasis Program Manager with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. His diverse experience has helped him understand government requirements and the importance of tailoring his practice to the individual needs of his clients. He has also earned the ANSI-accredited Certified Information Privacy Professional/United States (CIPP/US) credential through the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP).
While working toward his J.D. at the University of California, Hastings College of the Law, Robert served as an articles editor on the Hastings International & Comparative Law Review. He also earned his B.S. in Civil Engineering from UC Berkeley. As part of his dual-degree engineering program, he received a B.A. in Business Management Economics from UC Santa Cruz. When not helping clients with their legal needs he spends his time hiking, going to the gym, taking photographs, and rooting for the Warriors.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), CIPP/US
- Asian American Bar Association of the Greater Bay Area
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA)
- Alameda County Bar Association
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award for Legal Analysis, Research & Writing (from Santa Clara College of the Law)
- Excellence in Legal Analysis, Research and Writing (LAWRAW Award) (from Santa Clara College of the Law)
- Achievement Medal for Civilian Service (from the Department of the Army)