Gil Glancz is a Partner in Selman Breitman’s Las Vegas office and is a member of the firm’s Construction, Products Liability, Commercial Litigation, Commercial Transactions, and General Liability practice groups. Gil represents numerous companies and individuals in complex, multi-party litigation and business affairs, including cases arising out of construction, product liability, warranty, personal injury and contractual disputes. Gil’s clients include developers, general contractors and product manufacturers for both residential and commercial construction projects. He also has experience representing individuals and corporate clients, working with management in making business decisions, legal and otherwise, and often works closely with other professionals to achieve solutions to a variety of business issues.
Gil’s extensive experience provides him a unique ability to counsel his clients with a multifaceted approach, thoroughly evaluating matters to resolve not only the pending claims but to also provide the client with protection against future claims. He works closely with clients throughout every aspect of his representation to gain insights into the cases in order to develop effective legal strategies to serve the client's best interests.
Gil is called upon by clients and peers to prepare presentations on various subject matters relating to construction litigation, including those specifically relating to construction defect statutes Nevada Revised Statute ("NRS") 40.600 et seq., commonly referred to as Chapter 40. He has also been recognized as a Mountain States Super Lawyer Rising Star, along with many other accolades.
Gil is originally from Southern California and presently resides in Las Vegas with his wife and two children. When not helping clients with their legal needs he is an active member of the Las Vegas community, and participates in various charitable organizations in Las Vegas including St. Jude Children's Ranch in Boulder City, Nevada, and the Boys and Girls Clubs of Southern Nevada.
Business & Corporate
- Represented clients in Business Court on deficiency judgment matters involving the application of new laws limiting a court's award of a monetary judgment to the amount of consideration paid by an assignee.
- Represented developer and general contractor in Nevada in complex, multi-party construction defect matter, including prosecution of claims for contribution, indemnification and breach of contract against subcontractors. Plaintiffs' expert estimated the cost of repair at nearly $7 million; plaintiffs' claims were settled, including fees and costs, for one-third of that amount. In addition to recovering the entire settlement amount from the subcontractors, a significant portion of the defense fees and costs were recovered.
- In a Nevada construction defect matter, a dismissal was obtained with prejudice of subcontractor client for a waiver of fees and costs from the developer, by contending that client's work was not at issue.
- In a construction defect matter, the developer was convinced to dismiss client from any further action with regard to this matter after it was determined that client's work was not at issue. This result was obtained before client had to make a formal appearance.
- Represented developer and general contractor in Nevada in complex, multi-party construction defect matter including prosecution of claims for contribution, indemnification and breach of contract against subcontractors. Plaintiffs' expert estimated the cost of repair at over $7 million; plaintiffs' claims, including fees and costs, were settled for $5 million. Client was responsible for funding less the 5% of the total settlement, as the remainder of the amount was recovered from the various subcontractors.
- Very favorable settlement of personal injury claim against a popular racetrack was obtained after the jury submitted questions during deliberations suggesting that a defense verdict was likely.
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars: 2012, 2016-2018