Nate Braun is a Partner in Selman Breitman’s Los Angeles office and is a member of the firm’s Commercial Litigation, Commercial Transactions, and Insurance practice groups. Nate focuses his practice on complex coverage and bad faith matters, and has handled cases in every phase of state and federal litigation. He develops plans with clients to resolve matters favorably and efficiently. He has broad experience in first- and third-party actions involving casualty, commercial general liability, professional liability, construction defect, commercial auto, umbrella and title insurance. Nate also advises companies on management of commercial real estate assets, including protecting those assets from liability risks.
Nate's clients include insurers, small and family-owned businesses, and commercial real estate investors in Southern California.
Highlights of his successful representations include:
- Member of trial team that obtained complete defense verdict for a title and title insurance company in a jury trial on a $50+ million breach of contract, bad faith and fraud action.
- Second-chair in trial defending a declaratory relief, breach of contract and bad faith action brought by the largest grape/wine transportation company in California.
- Recovery for his client on a seven-figure professional negligence and breach of contract action.
- Favorable resolution of action brought by international restaurant chain regarding liability coverage for franchise restaurants.
- Risk management for one of the largest commercial real estate properties in the Santa Monica Mountains.
Nate's considerable trial and appellate experience provides him the ability to identify risks and areas for further investigation early on – and to advise clients on the defense of claims before they become sources of major exposure. This also translates to his transactional practice, allowing him to work closely with clients to protect against risks before they arise.
Born in Boston, Nate lives in Studio City with his family. When not helping clients with their legal needs he spends his time cooking and playing with his young son and daughter.
Mr. Braun serves on the Board of Valley Beth Shalom Synagogue.
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars: 2016-2019
- Top 100 Southern California Up and Coming, 2018-2019