Hee Sung YoonOf Counsel
Hee Sung Yoon is Of Counsel in Selman Breitman’s Los Angeles office and is a member of the firm’s Insurance practice group. Hee Sung Yoon represents insurance companies in insurance coverage disputes with their insureds or co-insurers in the areas of commercial general liability, commercial automobile, professional liability, excess, and umbrella coverage. To this end, he has represented insurance companies in bad faith, contribution, declaratory relief lawsuits, and class action lawsuits.
Hee Sung's extensive experience in insurance coverage disputes provides him with a unique ability to evaluate complex coverage disputes and handle a wide variety of insurance related disputes across the country. He works closely with clients in providing coverage advice and monitoring underlying third-party lawsuits for complex claims to avoid coverage disputes.
Prior to joining Selman Breitman, Hee Sung worked as a Law Clerk to the Honorable Elizabeth Allen White and the Honorable Debre Katz Weintraub.
Hee Sung was named to the Lawyers of Color Hot List in 2014.
- Obtained dismissal of a class action insurance bad faith lawsuit. The court granted our motion to dismiss and motion to strike class allegations, with leave to amend. Rather than amend the complaint, plaintiff agreed to voluntarily dismiss the lawsuit.
- Prevailed on a cross-motion for summary judgment/adjudication finding that a professional liability insurer had a duty to defend and share in the defense costs with a commercial general liability insurer.
- Prevailed in an appeal where the Court of Appeals found that the trial court abused its discretion for denying cost of proof sanctions for failure to admit a request for admission.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member
- Korean American Bar Association, Member