Hari Kumar is an Associate in Selman Breitman’s Seattle office and is a member of the firm’s Insurance, Toxic Tort/Environmental, and Commercial Litigation practice groups. Hari represents insurers in insurance coverage disputes, including cases arising out of general liability, product liability, and professional liability matters. His experience in Insurance law provides him a unique ability to quickly analyze complex coverage issues and provide timely advice to insurers.
Prior to joining Selman Breitman, Hari's practice focused on litigating insurance bad faith cases throughout both State and federal courts in Washington, California, and Oregon. He is experienced in writing and arguing motions, taking and defending depositions, handling arbitrations, conducting legal research, and negotiating with opposing counsel.
Hari received his J.D. from the UC Davis School of Law. During law school, he clerked for Justice William Murray of the California Third District Court of Appeal. He was also a member of the UC Davis Trial Practice Honors Board and competed in a number of mock trial and moot court competitions.
Originally from Washington, Hari presently resides in the Seattle area. When not helping clients with their legal needs he spends his time going to the gym, attempting to cook new recipes, and traveling.
Awards and Accolades:
- UC Davis Trial Practice Honors Board member
- Senior Article Editors for the UC Davis Journal of International Law and Policy
- Semifinalist in the Francis Carr Mock Trial competition
- Competitor in the Jeffrey G. Miller National Environmental Law Moot Court Competition
- Member of the University of St. Andrews Debating team
- "Attaining the Indian Dream: How is Indian Labor Legislation Holding Back India's Manufacturing Sector?" – Presented at the University of Warsaw (2014)