Insurance Coverage/Litigation Attorneys (San Francisco, Los Angeles)
Selman Breitman's San Francisco and West Los Angeles offices are looking for attorneys with considerable insurance coverage and litigation experience. You will be involved in all aspects of our insurance coverage practice, including evaluating coverage, preparing coverage opinions, drafting motions, and litigating declaratory relief, contribution, indemnity, and bad faith actions for the firm’s insurer clients. Experience with mentoring younger associates is also desired. Bringing a book of business is a plus.
You will help evaluate and resolve interesting, complex coverage issues that result in positive outcomes for our insurer clients. We pride ourselves on mastering unique issues that arise on a daily basis. Our goal is to provide flawless advice and service to our clients, which is especially important when dealing complex coverage issues. We're looking for people who approach problem solving proactively, and have the ability to both work independently and collaborate with peers.
What you'll be doing:
- Creative problem solving for our insurer clients, including:
- Evaluating coverage
- Preparing coverage opinions to insurer clients
- Drafting motions
- Litigating disputed matters
- Negotiating successful settlements with other insurers and insureds
- Collaborating with the team
- Supervising and training younger associates
What you'll need:
- J.D. degree, required
- Admission to CA State Bar, required
- At least 7 years' experience in insurance coverage, whether at a firm or an insurance company’s in-house legal team
- Strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Independent Initiative – including the ability to investigate, evaluate and make recommendations that include a plan of action
- Experience with supervising and training younger associates
Additional consideration for:
- Prior experience litigating complex matters
- Admission to WA, OR, NV, AZ or other Western States
Selman Breitman is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation and benefits, as well as a collegial and inclusive environment with opportunities for growth.