Insurance Coverage/Litigation Attorneys (Los Angeles)
Selman Breitman's West Los Angeles office has multiple openings for attorneys with insurance coverage and/or litigation experience. You will be involved in all aspects of our insurance coverage practice, including evaluating coverage, preparing coverage opinions, and litigating declaratory relief, contribution, indemnity, and bad faith actions for the firm’s insurer clients. The firm is involved in some of the most interesting matters including the Las Vegas Route 91 Concert shooting, sexual abuse claims involving various Olympic sports, opioid claims, and Covid-19 litigation and claims.
We pride ourselves on mastering unique issues that arise on a daily basis. Our goal is to provide flawless advice and service to our clients. We're looking for people who approach problem solving proactively, and have the ability to both work independently and collaborate with peers.
What you'll be doing:
Creative problem solving for our insurer clients, including:
- Evaluating coverage
- Preparing coverage opinions to insurer clients
- Drafting motions
- Litigating disputed matters
- Negotiating successful settlements with other insurers and insureds
- Collaborating with the team
What you'll need:
- J.D. degree, required
- Admission to CA State Bar, required
- 2 to 10 years' experience in insurance coverage or litigation. If you can add to our litigation capabilities, we can build your knowledge of the issues.
- Strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Independent Initiative – including the ability to investigate, evaluate and make recommendations that include a plan of action
- Experience with supervising and training younger associates
Additional consideration for:
- Prior experience litigating complex matters
- Admission to WA, OR, NV, AZ or other Western States
Selman Breitman is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation and benefits, as well as a collegial and inclusive environment with opportunities for growth.
Please send resume and cover letter to Leah M. Cox at firstname.lastname@example.org.